Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how Rupa Huq MP’s office will collect and use your personal data.
Why does Rupa Huq MP need to collect and store personal data?
For us to be able to deal with casework for constituents and to keep residents updated about campaigns, local issues, and Rupa Huq’s work as your MP, we need to collect personal data. We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
The lawful basis for processing casework data, and for contacting you about campaigns, local issues, and Rupa Huq’s work as your MP, has been identified as public task.
Will Rupa Huq MP’s office share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers while corresponding with you, such as local authorities, government agencies, public bodies, health trusts, regulators, and so on. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only for the purpose they were provided. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures. If we wish to pass your special categories of personal data to a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
Rupa Huq MP’s office contracts third parties to undertake work that involves our data: casework software maintenance, data entry, website hosting and maintenance, email management software and shredding. Our contractors are either EU based or based in countries deemed “adequate” by the EU for data protection terms. In all cases contractors and sub-contractors have signed contracts which guarantee that appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to protect the data.
Personal Data and the website of Rupa Huq MP
How will Rupa Huq MP’s office use the personal data it collects about me?
Rupa Huq MP’s office will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and we will only retain your contact details as long as Rupa Huq is your MP, or until you ask not to be contacted further. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific requirements and agreed practices.
Under what circumstances will Rupa Huq MP’s office contact me?
To process casework, it may be necessary to contact you to get further information from you or to feed back any responses we receive.
Under public task, we may contact you about campaigns, local issues, and Rupa Huq’s work as your MP, though you are able to opt out by contacting us at any time.
Can I find out the personal data that Rupa Huq MP’s office holds about me?
At your request, Rupa Huq MP’s office can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Rupa Huq MP’s office does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Our identity and the contact details.
- Contact details of the data protection officer.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Rupa Huq MP’s office or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or internationalorganisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Contact the data controller Rupa Huq MP by using the details listed below.
What forms of ID will I need to provide to access this?
Rupa Huq MP’s office accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: passport or driving licence.
Contact details of the Data Controller
|Contact Name:||Rupa Huq MP|
|Address line 1:||House of Commons|
|Address line 2:||London|
|Address line 3:||SW1A 0AA|
|Telephone:||020 7219 6865|
How to make a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Rupa Huq MP’s Office (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Rupa Huq MP (the data controller).
The details for each of these contacts are:
|Supervisory authority contact details||Data protection controller|
|Contact Name:||Information Commissioner’s Office||Rupa Huq MP|
|Address line 1:||Wycliffe House||House of Commons|
|Address line 2:||Water Lane||London|
|Address line 3:||Wilmslow||SW1A 0AA|
|Address line 4:||SK9 5AF|
|Telephone:||01625 545 745||020 7219 6865|